2nd Annual Gait Heritage Girls 5v5 Winter Classic
SAVE THE DATE: Monday, January 15, 2018 (MLK Day)
Coaches, Players, Parents and Fans: (UPDATED MESSAGE AS OF 4PM JAN 11)
We look forward to seeing the teams in action on Monday at the Gait Heritage 5v5 Girls Winter Classic (January 16th). This update is to provide the most current information and keep you apprised.
BRACKETS / SCHEDULES: Schedules/field grids are posted, click here to review them. There could be minor changes, but time slots will be consistent with the following:
10:30am – 1:45pm: 2023 & 2022 Divisions (10:30-11:25pm clinic)
2pm – 4:45pm: 2021 Division (2-2:55pm clinic)
5pm – 8pm: HS A & HS AA Divisions (HS A includes 2020 teams) (5-5:55pm clinic)
PLAYER REGISTRATION – VERY IMPORTANT:
- All players must register on-line, please click here to sign-up. You will need to open an account (username/password). Please complete the on-line form, provide current US Lacrosse membership information and sign the waiver.
- Players, use the drop down list to select the team you are playing on, you will then be added to that team’s roster.
- Coaches/Managers – player registration generates a roster on a per team basis; you may view/check player waiver status by using the team management features of the site (you will need your team user email and password – the one you used to register the team).
- All coaches are asked to certify that all players have registered and are on their respective roster. Unregistered players are not eligible to participate.
FORMAT/RULES: Click here
VENUE/GPS ADDRESS FOR DIRECTIONS: Maplezone Fieldhouse, 1451 Conchester Highway, Boothwyn, PA 19061
PARKING/TRAFFIC: Parking is EXTREMELY LIMITED (and there is a baseball showcase taking place in the adjacent building), PLEASE CARPOOL as much as possible. CLICK HERE for a parking diagram for the site (site map includes suggested off-site location to drop cars, and shuttle teammates). Note there is limited additional parking behind in the rear of the baseball facility to the right of the Field House.
- CAUTION – Conchester Highway gets a lot of traffic moving at high speeds. Please be careful pulling into the Maplezone facility and again when leaving the property. Left hand turns from the facility onto Conchester Highway can be challenging, consider making a right hand turn and changing course of direction further down the road at an appropriate intersection. AGAIN, PLEASE BE CAREFUL.
- NO PARKING – DO NOT ATTEMPT to park along Conchester Highway/Route 322 – it is strictly against the law and is extremely hazardous.
FOOD/BEVERAGES: We will have a food/beverage vendor on site.
- Gary Gait – Offense/Stickwork Station: Click here for bio
- Amy Cross (Syracuse ’14) – Shooting Station: Coach Cross she led the Orange to three NCAA Final Fours and two National Championship games during her career. A two-time high school All-American at Upper Dublin (PA).
- Kasey Mock (Syracuse ’14) – Defense Station: Coach Mock was a member of the US Women’s Team (2014-15). A Pottstown (PA) native, Mock guided Syracuse to the 2014 ACC title game; she led the Orange to three NCAA Final Fours and two National Championship games during her career.
- Allie Murray – Goalie Station: Coach Murray started 24 games in goal for Syracuse in 2016. She recorded 127 saves and a 9.35 goals-against average. She made eight saves against USC in the NCAA quarterfinals, including one with nine seconds remaining in regulation to keep the game tied as the Orange went on to a 12-11 win to advance to the national semifinals. Murray, a Downtown East (PA) alum, was a member of the IWLCA Academic Honor Roll.
Stick/Gear Donation Challenge: Participating girls and teams are asked to collect used or surplus lacrosse sticks/eye gear/pinnies (boys/girls items; check in the basement or garage!) and bring them to the HQ tent during the event. The Philadelphia Lacrosse Association will arrange to have the sticks recycled to support lacrosse in the City of Philadelphia.
We look forward to seeing you and are hoping for a great day of lacrosse.